If you have just watched Zeitgeist Addendum or Moving Forward, you may be asking yourself:
“How can I actually help?”, What can i do right now?"
As you may know by now EDUCATING YOURSELF on the tenets and direction of the movement is first and foremost coupled with SPREADING AWARENESS.
REMEMBER: "IT IS WHAT YOU DO THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE"...and NOT what "you say you will do".
The following are steps to get you moving in the right direction and to help you spread awareness right NOW!...AND REMEMBER: "if you do nothing...absolutely NOTHING will happen!"
BECOME PRO-ACTIVE NOT RE-ACTIVE!
2) Watch Peter Joseph's lectures and other recommended media listed HERE
3) Join and register on this website and forums (above), checkout all the information links.
4) Read & Understand The Zeitgeist Movement F.A.Q.
5) Add The Zeitgeist Movement New Zealand Chapter group HERE to your facebook and start collaborating with others on there.
6) Download and install Team Speak 3 (TS3) HERE. TS3 is a voice and text communication platform, it is also a great tool to use to ask questions, join discussions, and meet other members of the movement from your city, country and around the world. Find your local chapter in TS3 and join them, find out when their TS3 meetings are and participate. Once you install it, choose connect and enter the details below.
The New Zealand chapter teamspeak online meetup is weekly Monday Nights at 8pm NZ Time.
7) YouTube - Find and subscribe to TZM specific YouTube channels like these: TZMOfficialChannel, VRADIOdotorg, TVPChallenge, TZMSocialEvolution, Neanderthalcouzin, TheFifthGreatApe, Saydaysago2008, RBEconcepts.
8) Radio Shows - Subscribe and checkout Peter Joseph's Blog Talk Radio Shows HERE, then go back and listen to old shows when you have the time.
9) TZM Blog - Checkout, signup, and contribute to our TZM Global Blog HERE
10) Check out ZeitNews HERE
11) Zeitgeist Media Project - Join HERE to Contribute & share relevant media that will help increase the social awareness of TZM.
12) Make a video for the "Why I Advocate" campaign - more info HERE
Today we're more equipped than ever to spread information. Use what you have at hand, weather that be email, social network, mobile phone, word of mouth, or print; posters, fliers. These mediums have the potential to reach your entire community and beyond.
People become open to new ideas when they can relate them to there own lives. The majority today are beginning to experience the side effects of an obsolete economy. This "bio-social pressure" is what initiates change. People that would have otherwise ignored your point will begin to relate it to there own situation, especially if you give them a way to understand it.
You have already acquired information that has led you here in some form or another. Consider how that has affected you and try to replicate it. Here are some simple suggestions:
DVD Burning - To date, handing out DVD’s has been the most common way that the Zeitgeist Movement has been discovered. It is an easy and affordable way to spread the word for those with access to a computer.
Most of us here at the Zeitgeist Movement were introduced to the movement simply by being given a copy of the Zeitgeist DVDs or watching it online for free. If someone had chosen not to share that DVD with you, it is highly unlikely that you would even be here.
Some people go so far as to carry a copy of Zeitgeist Addendum & Zeitgeist Moving Forward wherever they go.
Give people Zeitgeist Addendum & Moving Forward. Via email, social network, mobile phone or physical DVD.
Always have DVD copies of Zeitgeist films and materials to give to people you meet.
You can download both films through these torrents:
To download those films you will need to utilise a torrent downloading program such as BitTorrent.
Alternatively you can rip the youtube versions by copying each youtube movie URL and placing it at http://www.keepvid.com/ then select your required version to rip and download the movie.
Internet Activity - The internet provides endless opportunities to inform yourself and others. You can simply mention the movie or movement. Or you can add web links wherever or whenever possible. Here are some quick examples:
Email / forum / instant messenger signatures – Most email clients like Thunderbird offer a signature feature where you can add text that will be automatically attached to the bottom of all outgoing emails. You can also add your signature on forums and other social networking sites that you visit.
Commentary activity – Be active on sites such as Youtube forums or blogs.
Chain emails – Inform all the people that you have in your email contacts list by sending them a chain mail. You can personalise the emails by writing them yourself. Be sure you do not send unsolicited emails as it may result in an adverse response.
Blogging – Sites like Youtube, Blogger and Livejournal provide nearly instant methods of establishing an online journal. If you think you have established a certain level of information worthy of expression through publishing, or simply happen to have an established talent for it, blogging provides excellent exposure and is fun to be involved with.
Chat rooms – You may prefer to talk directly with others in a chat or forum based environment.
Handing out Brochures/Fliers - Brochures and flyers can be found HERE. Print and distribute them everywhere you go, bus stops, shops, school, movie theatres.
Our FORUMS are the main way for organising, communicating and executing activities for The Zeitgeist Movement New Zealand Chapter. It is for ACTIVE TZMNZ Members.
Once you have signed up you can locate your Regional Chapter Group and start collaborating, planning and executing your regional and national chapter activities.
Suggested Activities To Pursue
* Weekly or monthly movie screenings of Zeitgeist Addendum & Moving Forward - You could also show screenings of other TZM related material as well such as The Orientation Guide, Awakening, & Our Technical Reality by Douglass Malette or the Peter Joseph Lectures for a start.
* Weekly or monthly Town Hall Meetings - Live public event with the goal being to inform the public of TZM's understandings and goals and hence grow awareness and membership. These can be lectures, presentations, workshops, open discussions, Question and Answer segments.
* Weekly or Monthly Street Team Activism - Members can engage the public on the street handing out DVD's, brochures or even filming the public being asked questions about the current symptoms of the system while also educating the public by providing a possible solution which can be then uploaded to youtube and facebook. Members could also attend public lectures, events, debates, open forums to inform and create curiosity into a RBE.
BE CREATIVE AND THINK OF MORE WAYS TO SPREAD AWARENESS!